Thursday, February 27, 2014

Blessings

This morning I am filled with joy & thankfulness to God.  Like this psalm says, He is good & we are blessed when we take refuge in Him.  Many people think of blessings as tangible goods ... a nice house, a closet full of clothes, a new car etc.  These things are indeed blessings when they come from the Lord, but I am most happy & thankful when I think about the intangible blessings He gives us!  Many people don't even give a second thought to these kinds of blessings.  Being able to dress myself in the mornings, get up from a chair to go into the kitchen to make myself a cup of tea, brushing my own teeth, washing myself, & wiping myself after I go to the bathroom.  I have a friend who is unable to do these things, yet she still recognizes blessings in her life.  I can see, I can hear, I can walk, I can stitch, I can do my own laundry, I can feed myself.  When you start thinking about them, our blessings are endless!  

I received a blessing the other day that I would like to share with you.  
     Designer:  Bent Creek
Design:  Got Carrot? Zipper Kit
Fabric & floss:  As provided in kit
Pillow finish by Myra

I stitched this cute little design last year & sent it to Myra for finishing along with several ornaments I had stitched.  I told her I was in no rush for this little pillow.  She informed me last week that it was in the mail, but she didn't tell me that she wasn't charging me for it!  She wanted me to have it as a gift!  Isn't it adorable?  That rusty tin snowflake really sets it off, don't you think?  I stitched it a little differently than charted.  I like this design so much that I think I'm going to scale it down & stitch it again as an ornament   : )   

Today is SAL day with Sally so after I pop the laundry into the dryer, I will be sitting down in my recliner to stitch & think about more blessings.  I encourage you to think about your own blessings today & maybe even share a few   : )

20 comments:

Vickie said...

Squee! That design is very precious. Makes me smile big every time I see it. :)
Every day I thank God for so many things. In times of bad pain, I have easily forgotten to keep thanking and praising God. So, I have thanked Him many a time for the pain. It has drawn me closer to Him. And that is where I want to be, close to Him. HUGS to you my friend!

Vicki said...

Well said, thanks for the reminder of the myriad of blessings we receive, Shirlee.

Sarah in Stitches said...

Aww, that was so sweet of Myra! We all are truly blessed, you're right. It's so easy to lose sigh of that. :)

Stitchy Mc Floss said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Vonna Pfeiffer said...

How darling :)
Cute as a button!
And you are so right in counting the many blessings each of us have. I try to remember to do that often, for I am truly mightily blessed!

butterfly said...

Lovely post Shirlee, I always count each day I am here a blessing . There are so many things in life to be happy about , and the not so good things we deal with and move forward .

Love the cute design what a great chart , a lovely finish by Myra.

Julie said...

You are blessed to have Myra as your friend and finisher, she always comes up with something beautiful for stitched pieces.

Carol said...

How darling is that ornament! I love the polka-dot fabric that Myra used to finish it... Enjoy your day, Shirlee, and your many blessings :)

pam said...

So true, we get comfortable and forget all the small blessings from God each day.

Trace4J said...

We are blessed.
SO many ways.
Woolie Hugs Love & Prayers

stitchersanon said...

It took a fear of death to make me realise how many blessing we have each day; I am still reconciling my journey with God but it helps that it is the smallest things which usually offer the largest blessings. A bit like a snowdrop in a snow storm. A lovely post and I love the little snowman and rabbits; gorgeous.

Myra said...

Awww Shirlee you make me blush. I am glad you like the pillow. Thanks for the reminder of how truly blessed we are.

Simply Victoria said...

That pillow turned out so cute! Myra picked a great way to finish it and bless you.
Today's blessings would include socks, gloves and heat for it is 1°.

Judy said...

Lovely post. It is so true to be thankful for all we are blessed with. Especially in this troubled world. The snowman pillow is as cute as can be. Great idea to scale it down to an ornament. I love snowmen..but I am clearly over snow this winter!
Enjoy your weekend.

Judy Heartland stitcher

Chris said...

We are both blessed to have Myra in our lives. She did an amazing job finishing this pillow. I hope that you have a great weekend!

Tricia T said...

What a special blessing for a special friend! That is SUCH a precious pillow!!! As I watch my Mom having all those things done for her that you were mentioning, I am more and more amazed at the grace she's been given to see her days even now as a blessing. Thanks for the reminder to be thankful no matter what!!

Maggee said...

That is a really cute piece, and the finish is just too danged adorable! Love the rusty snowflake! Thanks for the reminder about our many blessings! Hugs!

Marie said...

You are SO right about all of the blessings that we tend to forget about.

Love the snowman pillow and how very sweet of Myra.

Pam in IL said...

Got Carrot is adorable! As my grandma would say, count your blessings every day. Thanks for sharing!

Catherine said...

Such a sweet thing for Myra to do ~ and it looks fabulous!