Monday, April 20, 2015

Things are Looking Good

I want to thank everyone who offered their prayers & good wishes for my eye.  I was able to get in to see the eye doctor this morning. Although the eye is a little irritated & he could see where the branch tip poked me, the foreign body is nowhere to be found & things look to be on the mend.  He said that the eye drops the ER doctor gave me where very strong ones & that this was a good thing as no infection has occurred.  I am to continue to use the eye drops for another 7 days & then I should be "all better."

God is good   : )

Many of you suggested that I should invest in some sort of eye protection.  All I can say is that when this happened the year before last, I was wearing eye protection when a branch actually lifted up the eye protection & poked my eye underneath!  When I received another poke in the eye last fall, I was not wearing eye protection but I was not really weeding either.  I was just taking some cut-off tree branches to the end of the yard when I noticed some straggly growth underneath the myrtle bush, bent down to pull some of it out, & wham ... a poke in the eye.  And I was being ultra-careful while weeding & trimming on Saturday ... it was just this incredibly skinny branch tip that was invisible due to the way it was positioned.  

The eye doctor did suggest that I might want to invest in a welder's mask or a motorcycle helmet if I am going to go within 10 feet of bushes & trees in the future   : )

As I stated previously, Saturday was the first dry, non-rainy day we'd had in a long time ... thus my desire to get outside to tackle this overdue weeding & trimming.  Sunday brought rain again, & there's more rain today.  Last night John & I got to see a beautiful sight though ... a double rainbow!  I couldn't fit it all in the camera frame so I took 3 separate photos.  The second rainbow is a bit hard to see ... you'll need to look closely   : )



There is also a mama robin who decided to build her next in a willow bush below our front porch. We can at least see the nest from the window so we are careful not to go on the porch & disturb her when she is sitting on her eggs.  We look forward to seeing the baby robins when they are born   : )
Thank you again for your prayers & good wishes   : )

 

23 comments:

LoriU said...

I would suggest swim or ski goggles. They have rubber around the edge so they seal to the face better and no branch can get under them.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Good to hear that your eye is healing well.
Yes, I think a motorcycle helmet may be a good idea. Or maybe a full astronaut suit to protect the rest of your body from the viscious and agressive shrubberies you have in the Devil's Playground?

gracie said...

Glad to read that you are on the mend. Maybe a full face mask is the way to go!!!lol

Ann at Beadlework. said...

I'm so glad you got on fine Shirlee, you would be very relieved.
I enjoyed your rainbow photos very much and I hope the lovely blue eggs hatch safely from the robin's nest.

Kaisievic said...

Oh Shirlee, I am so glad that your eye is better - thank goodness the ER doctor gave you the strong drops. Yes, God is good!

Heritage Hall said...

Praises for answered prayer....

Marilyn said...

I'm so glad you eye is healing Shirlee.
Take care.
Marilyn

Trace4J said...

Yippppeee. So glad you are ok.
You are in my prayers.
Love the beautiful rainbow.
Hugs

Michele Inman said...

Thank goodness. I've been thinking about you. Hugs.

stitchinpeanut said...

Oh that is great news... I agree... Some kind of goggle with side shields. And a strap around the back to bold them strong against your eyes. Giggle. Take care... Glad all is good.

Pam in IL said...

Good news about the eye. I'm thinking welding shield with a hockey goalie mask over that, lol. Beautiful rainbow pics!

Maureen said...

Whew! that's happy news! Aren't those eggs just the prettiest color?! I like what Heritage Hall wrote in their comment: Praises for answered prayer. To that I'll add continued prayers for healing.

Annette-California said...

So happy your eye is mending! Yep a helmet might be the answer. Love the birds nest and such a gorgeous color of blue for the eggs. love Annette

Justine said...

Prayers have been answered! My little one is at the hospital today as his eye surgery has not gone well. Eyes are so precious and delicate - make sure you look after yours!

Weronika said...

Good to hear that you are getting better. You have to be more careful for sure. Hugs!

Vickie said...

Thank God! How fantastic that your eye is healing so well.
The double rainbows, that is so neat!
Robin's egg blue. What a color hey?

Robin in Virginia said...

Very happy to read this morning that your eye is healing and on the mend. Continuing to pray for a total healing, Shirlee! Wow, what beautiful pictures you captured of the double rainbow.

Robin in Virginia

The Inspired Stitcher said...

I'm glad to hear your eye is healing and you are okay. That double rainbow is proof of God's goodness. Maybe it's his sign to you that all will be well. Too bad I only have one motorcycle helmet. I'd certainly give you my spare if I had one.

Von said...

Motorcycle helmet might be just the thing for you, Shirlee! :D So glad you got a good report from the eye doctor and praising God with you.

Carol said...

Good to read your eye update, Shirlee--so glad it is healing well. Love the double rainbow and robin's eggs--there is just something about those blue eggs that is so special :) Take care now!

Julie said...

I'm a bit late visiting blogs this week. I was worried when I read about your eye, then relieved when I read that all is well and you are ok...phew.
Such pretty rainbow pics, hope you have some lovely little babies in the nest real soon, how lovely to see that so close to the house.
Take care x

Sarah in Stitches said...

Glad you're doing better! The pictures are beautiful :D

Maggee said...

Yes, God IS good!